Ross TC820 Tenderizer
The TC820 is a meat, poultry, and pork tenderizer capable of processing an average of 10,000 pounds of primals per hour. It’s a larger model than our 810 for processors seeking more throughput. Ideal for both boneless and bone-in tenderization, the TC820 promotes product safety and consumer satisfaction by allowing processors to produce and upgrade meat cuts with guaranteed tenderness.
- Two tenderizing head options for bone-in or boneless primals and sub-primals
- Boneless tenderizing head uses stainless steel blades with Ross’ unique “T” shape tenderizing pattern to guarantee tenderness
- Bone-in tenderizing head has a force-limiting feature to tenderize cuts without damaging tenderizing blades
- 28″ conveyor belt can process an average of 10,000 lbs per hour
- Servo-driven conveyor for smooth movement and consistent tenderization
- Fully adjustable conveyor and stroke rate
- Pass-through mode allows the machine to stay in line even when tenderizing is not required
Tenderizing is a critical processing step that has multiple benefits. It allows processors to convert less tender cuts of meat into portions with increased palatability to the consumer. In addition, it enables processors to produce and upgrade lean meat cuts while guaranteeing tenderness. Blind testing shows that consumers prefer blade-tenderized meats over similar ones that have not undergone the same process.
Further, tenderization makes healthier, leaner cuts more palatable because the natural fat content of most rounds is about 5% compared with 18—20% for middle meats.
- Reduced aging time and decreased purge
- Improved tenderizing consistency
- Reduced cooking time
- Enhanced moisture and flavor retention
- No Meat/No Tenderize feature disengages the head when no product is detected, reducing wear and tear