Ross TC820/820I Tenderizer
The TC820/820I is a combination tenderizer and intervention applicator capable of processing an average of 10,000 pounds of primals per hour. It’s a larger model than our 810/820I for processors seeking more throughput. Ideal for both boneless and bone-in tenderization, the TC820/820I promotes product safety and consumer satisfaction. The application of an intervention solution provides a safer product for consumers while minimizing the risk of recall for the meat or poultry processor.
- Two tenderizing head options for bone in or boneless primals and sub-primals
- Boneless tenderizing head uses stainless steel blades with Ross’ unique “T” shape tenderizing pattern to guarantee tenderness
- Bone-in tenderizing head has a force-limiting feature to tenderize cuts without damaging tenderizing blades
- Seamless, integrated sanitary liquid recovery tub
- 28″ conveyor belt can process an average of 10,000 lbs per hour
- Servo-driven conveyor for smooth movement and consistent tenderization
- Fully adjustable conveyor and stroke rate
- Pass through mode for tenderizing without intervention application
Intervention tenderizing is a critical processing step that has multiple benefits. It allows processors to convert less tender cuts of meat into portions with increased palatability to the consumer. In addition, it enables processors to produce and upgrade lean meat cuts while guaranteeing tenderness. Blind testing shows that consumers prefer blade-tenderized meats over similar ones that have not undergone the same process.
Further, tenderization makes healthier, leaner cuts more palatable because the natural fat content of most rounds is about 5% compared with 18—20% for middle meats. The FSIS division of the USDA strongly recommends this type of secondary intervention step in further processing operations for meat and poultry.
- Reduces aging time and decreases purge
- Reduces cooking time and enhances flavor through more significant moisture retention
- TC820I saves space on the production floor as its intervention applicator and tenderizing head are housed in a single cabinet
- Wash through design for easy sanitation