Ross TC810-I Tenderizer
Ideal for both boneless and bone-in tenderization, the TC810/810I promotes product safety and consumer satisfaction. The application of an intervention solution provides a safer product for consumers while minimizing the risk of recall for the meat or poultry processor.
- Ross’ unique “T” shape tenderizing pattern increases the palatability of less tender cuts of meat to cuts for consumers
- Pass through mode
- Easy to clean, wash through design
- Stainless steel allows daily sanitation inside and out
- Conveyor mode available when tenderizing is not needed
Intervention tenderizing is a critical processing step that has multiple benefits. It allows processors to convert less tender cuts of meat into cuts with increased palatability to the consumer. In addition, it enables processors to produce and upgrade lean meat cuts with guaranteed tenderness. Blind consumer testing shows that blade tenderized meats are largely preferred over similar cuts that have not undergone the same process.
Further, tenderization makes healthier, leaner cuts more palatable because the natural fat content of most rounds is about 5% compared with 18—20% for middle meats. The FSIS division of the USDA strongly recommends this type of secondary intervention step in further processing operations for meat and poultry.
- Saves space on the production floor as intervention application is done with the tenderizer guarding package
- Improved tenderizing consistency
- Reduces surface pathogen colony plate counts
- Reduces aging, marination, and cooking time