BLC Chiller / Freezer
Boundary Layer Control Chilling / Freezing System
The Ross BLC Impingement Tunnel quickly and economically chills or freezes all types of fresh food products while delivering a new level of food safety and productivity. With throughput gains of up to 50%, the Ross BLC Tunnel chills, or crust freezes meat primals, flat products, and produce. It is also ideal for free-flowing Individual Quick Frozen (IQF) products such as patties, nuggets, meatballs, dumplings, eggrolls, tortellini, fruits, vegetables, pizza toppings, shrimp, and more.
- High-efficiency fin coil evaporators increase product throughput by up to 50 percent
- A triple layer belt system is configurable for either an independent conveyor or cascading conveyor scheme
- Independent belt controls for section for loading different products on each belt
- Variable fan speeds by module
- Modular design allows for easy expansion to pace with evolving production demands
The Ross BLC is highly versatile. Unlike fixed-size cryogenic and spiral systems, the BLC’s modular construction makes it easily expandable. As throughput demands increase, you can easily add modules to meet new production requirements.
The BLC features a three-level conveyor system to allow optimum production flexibility. Each conveyor can be controlled independently in a straight line, in a cascade configuration for IQF products, or as a combination of both flow schemes.
The Ross BLC Tunnel utilizes impingement heat transfer to quickly and gently chill and freeze products while dramatically increasing production rates.
Thousands of carefully controlled jets of refrigerated air blast away the insulating boundary layer of heat surrounding the product to freeze it quickly and uniformly. This system increases heat transfer rates by 2-3 times over standard tunnel freezers. As a result, our BLC system requires far less floor space.
The Ross BLC matches the performance of cryogenic freezing systems at a fraction of the operating cost. The BLC uses a conventional mechanical refrigeration system— a far more economical choice than cryogenic, CO2, or nitrogen. And when factoring in additional transportation costs for the delivery of these gases, the cost savings of the BLC are even more remarkable.
- More cost-effective than fixed-size cryogenic and spiral systems
- Crust frozen products create higher yields with reduced feathering during slicing
- Faster freezing times substantially reduce product cell damage and dehydration, preserving product quality.
- Improved sanitation and food safety through water ingress prevention